Please come visit us at our new location!!! Downtown Campus 108 Walnut Street/ Building “Z” Visitor parking available.
Thank you for your interest in the Barber Training Program. We are excited to be able to offer such an affordable program to students in our local, and surrounding area.
Pre Registration dates for upcoming classes are now posted!
The Barber Training Full-time Day Program is a 15-17 month program. Students will attend school from 8 a.m. – 4:15 p.m. Monday through Thursday. The Barber Training Part-time Day Program is an 18-20 month program. Students will attend school from 8 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Barber Training Program provides the skills necessary to become a professional barber! The program will prepare the students for the North Carolina Board Exam which will result in an apprentice license. The successful student will be qualified to work in an entry-level position in a barbershop or related business. After at least one year of on the job training, another exam is given by the Barber Board to issue a Registered Barber License.
Costs associated with the program include:
- Student Permit: $25 (due at registration). Payable with credit/debit card to NC Board of Barber Examiners
- Tuition: $185 per course (due at registration). 4 courses projected will be a total of $740.
- Insurance: $15 (due at registration.) Due each fiscal year.
- Barber Student Kit: Approximately $800. This kit contains equipment that you will carry with you to your first job. (must be purchased prior to the first day of class).
- Books: $270 (must be purchased prior to the first day of class).
The total cost to purchase books, kit, and initial application, tuition, and insurance total approximately $1,118. Total cost for the entire program will total only approximately $1,700. This is an excellent price for learning a new career!
Required at time of Registration:
**Registration for the barbering program is not available online and must be done in person.**
- Completed “Application to Enroll in Barber School”(only available at the barber school), including $25.00 student permit fee payable with debit/credit card only. NOTE: Effective October 1, 2016, the NC State Board will no longer require students to obtain FBI background checks for student permits prior to registration. Instead, the board will be conducting their own FBI background checks through a private vendor.
2. Completed CFCC Continuing Education Registration Form. Registration form must be accompanied by $200 which includes the tuition fee of $185 for the first course and the insurance fee of $15.
3. Students must bring proof of High School graduation or GED. A copy of the diploma or transcripts must be provided to NC Barber Board.
***Please note: Student must satisfy any unpaid fees to CFCC, before registration. Flags on the student record will cause the registration to be denied.
An interview with the instructor is required before registration. Bring your questions! He is in the classroom all day so most phone calls are returned at the end of the day. Monday through Thursday between 10:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. are good times to stop by. The address of the barber school is 108 Walnut Street. We are on the downtown campus near the corner of Front and Walnut street in the “Z” Building
If you have any questions, or if I can be of any further assistance, let me know. I look forward to hearing from you.
Cape Fear Community College