Fire, Rescue & Emergency Management
Are you a firefighter who needs training, or are you interested in becoming a firefighter?
Our fire training division offers fire and rescue training classes at fire departments in New Hanover and Pender counties. Classes to provide NC Firefighter Certification (through the NC Fire & Rescue Commission), courses for re-certifications, and courses in the latest technology are offered locally on a regular basis.
The Firefighter Training Center located at the North Campus allows completion of most firefighter certification classes through computer interactive training.
ACADEMY IS FILLING UP! RESPOND TODAY!!
First Responders Academy
August 12th – December 18th
See updated schedule below
This academy is a comprehensive program which includes Firefighting I & II, Driver Operator, Technical Rescuer and other vital information necessary for future firefighters. This program prepares a cadet for a career in firefighting. More information is available at the links below.
- First Responders Academy 2013 (Updated 7/13)
- First Responders Application
- Info Sheet 2013 (Updated 7/13)
- First Responders 2013 Physical Information
- 2013 Schedule
- Sponsorship form
For any additional information, please contact Amy at 910-362-7770 or
Rapid Intervention Training
September 16th – 20th, 2013
Eastern Carolina Firefighters Association Fire College
October 9th – 13th, 2013
Hotels for the Fire College:
Below is a list of hotels that have set up a reservation link for firefighters attending the fire college. Some of them have deadlines for the special rates, so be sure to reserve your room early.
- Best Western Plus University Inn – Market St.
Comfort Inn University – College Rd.
- Courtyard by Marriott at Wrightsville Beach
- Days Inn – Market St.
- Hampton Inn – Eastwood Rd.
- Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington – Mayfair Town Center
- Holiday Inn Express – University Center – Van Campen Blvd.
- Holiday Inn – Market St.
- Jameson Inn – Dunlea Ct.
- Towne Place Suites – Eastwood Rd.
- Wingate – Market St.