Fire, Rescue & Emergency Management
Are you a firefighter who needs training, or are you interested in becoming a firefighter?
Our fire training division offers fire and rescue training classes at fire departments in New Hanover and Pender counties. Classes to provide NC Firefighter Certification (through the NC Fire & Rescue Commission), courses for re-certifications, and courses in the latest technology are offered locally on a regular basis.
The Firefighter Training Center located at the North Campus allows completion of most firefighter certification classes through computer interactive training.
New Hanover County Fire College
April 23rd – 27th, 2014
Jim Mullins (910) 599-8671
Below is a list of hotels that have set up a reservation link for firefighters attending the fire college. Some of them have deadlines for the special rates, so be sure to reserve your room early.
- Best Western Plus University Inn - Market St.
- Comfort Inn University – College Rd.
- Courtyard by Marriott at Wrightsville Beach
- Days Inn - Market St.
- Hampton Inn – Eastwood Rd.
- Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington – Mayfair Town Center
- Holiday Inn Express – University Center – Van Campen Blvd.
- Holiday Inn – Market St.
- Jameson Inn – Dunlea Ct.
- Towne Place Suites – Eastwood Rd.
- Wingate – Market St.
First Responders Academy
Next Academy will begin in July 2014 (Schedule pending)
This academy is a comprehensive program which includes Firefighting I & II, Driver Operator, Technical Rescuer and other vital information necessary for future firefighters. This program prepares a cadet for a career in firefighting. More information is available at the links below.
- First Responders Academy 2014 Brochure
- Application Form
- Info Sheet
- First Responders 2014 Physical Information
- 2014 Schedule
- Sponsorship Form
- For any additional information about the Academy, please contact Amy at (910) 362-7770 or e-mail email@example.com