All applicants are encouraged to thoroughly review the program information packet. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure all requirements are met by the established deadline. Deadlines, guidelines, and policies apply equally to all students; therefore no exceptions will be made.
Dental Hygiene Application Period: January 14, 2014 through March 20, 2014
Dental Hygiene Information Sessions:
Friday, November 8, 2013 10 – 11:30 am Room L-107
Friday, January 10, 2014 2:00 – 3:30 pm Room L-107
Thursday, February 7, 2014 11:00 am – 12:30 pm Room L-107
Click here to view the complete information packet. Please note the Dental Hygiene Point Count Work Sheet is included. Dental Hygiene Selective Admissions Process Packet
View the Dental Hygiene Point Count Work Sheet separately.
Minimum requirements necessary prior to filing an Intent to Apply:
- Be an accepted student at CFCC by completing the General Admissions Application process, which includes: online application, placement testing or official copies of prior placement test scores, submit official high school and college transcripts.
- Have an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher in all post-secondary coursework completed at CFCC.
- Completion of Biology within (3) years – see Admissions Packet for more detailed information.
Completion of Chemistry within (5) years – see Admissions Packet for more detailed information.
- Meet minimum placement test scores, or completion of required developmental class, or completion of English 111 and eligible Math course with a grade of “C” or better – refer to packet.
- Completion and verification of professional observation within the last (2) years – see Admissions Packet for more detailed information.
To file an Intent to Apply:
*Please note, you must appear in person during the application period to file an Intent to Apply. No information will be taken over the phone or via mail/written correspondence.
- Meet with a counselor in Union Station (U-240) – Downtown or North Campus (NA-100) to complete the “Intent to Apply” form.
- If applicant meets minimum criteria, they will be scheduled to take the PSB exam – $25.00 fee.
- All “Intent to Apply” forms must be completed by 5:30 pm on the last day of the application period
Visit the Health Sciences – Dental Hygiene webpage here.