The CFCC Intramural Program is specifically designed to provide opportunities for students, faculty and staff to have fun, socialize, manage stress and improve personal health and wellness by participating in organized competitive sports and recreational activities.
The intramural program includes a wide variety of events. Past activities have included a table tennis tournament, 3 on 3 basketball, kick ball, volleyball, Corn Hole, NFL Pick ‘em, NCAA Basketball Bracket Buster, Paper Rock Scissors Tournament, and other competitive activities based upon the overall interest of the CFCC students, faculty, and staff. General information and registration materials for intramural sports may be obtained through the Student Activities Office in L 112.
Intramural Activities Schedule - 2013-2014 Calendar-COMING SOON!
ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS
Congratulations to the Spring 2013 3v3 Basketball Winners:
1st Place- 3MP
Cape Fear Community College is a member of the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA)-Division I, competing in the Carolinas Junior College Conference (Region X), a high level of competition. College athletics may include basketball, volleyball, golf, soccer, softball and tennis depending on student interest and facilities availability. Students participating in intercollegiate athletics must meet NJCAA and/or ECCCAC eligibility requirements and standards. Individuals participating in college athletics must be currently enrolled and be in good standing. The goals and objectives of intercollegiate athletics and Intramural activities are listed below:
- To enhance academic success of student athletes
- To provide opportunities for participation in competitive college sports
- To promote the development of self discipline and leadership skills
- Monitor the academic grade point average of collegiate student athletes
- Develop and monitor sports activities based on student interest as gleaned from Student Interest surveys and participation
- Monitor the retention and graduation rates of student athletes