- Seminars/classes to prospective and existing small business owners.
- Free, confidential one-on-one business and technology counseling.
- Access to our extensive Business Resource Library of training videos, business planning and web-editing software, business books and pamphlets.
The SBC newsletter.
If you would like to receive the newsletter, call 362-7216 or write to email@example.com.
Business Link North Carolina
Connect to all North Carolina Business Resources Providers, Government Agencies and other business related organizations at one comprehensive business support location:
Government and Military Business Contracts
Want to be considered for Government and Military Business Contracts but don’t know how to proceed? Call me and I’ll be happy to meet with you and guide you through the process.
You can’t be considered if you’re not in the system!
Call Doug at 910-362-7469
SEMINARS AND COURSES FOR YOUR SMALL BUSINESS - SPRING 2014
NOTE: The ‘How To Finance Your Small Business’ seminar on 3/17 is incorrectly listed in the print catalog as 6 – 8 PM. It will be held from 1-3 PM.
NOTE: The ‘Create The Magic In Your Hospitality/Tourism Business’ on 3/12/14 is not in the print version of the Spring catalog.
NOTE: The date for ‘Blogging: Setting Up Your First or Second Business Blog’ is incorrectly listed in the print catalog as 3/18/14. The correct date is listed below, 4/8/14.
|SPRING 2014 SEMINARS||FOLLOW NEW ON LINE REGISTRATION PROCEDURES|
|How To Make Networking ‘Work’ For You||WILM||1/6||6-8 PM||L-107||FREE|
|Avoid Most Common Fed. & State Tax Mistakes (NEW)||WILM||1/9||6-8 PM||L-107||FREE|
|Build our Own Web Site -WORKSHOP LIMIT 20||BIG CENTER||1/14||6-8 PM||T-100||FREE|
|Best Businesses To Start Now||WILM||1/23||6-9 PM||L-107||FREE|
|15 Common Mistakes That Will Undermine Any Business||WILM||1/30||6-9 PM||L-107||FREE|
|28 Keys To Building A Business That Booms||WILM||2/3||6-9 PM||L-107||FREE|
|How To Start A Successful Lawn Care/Landscaping Business||WILM||2/4||6-9 PM||L-107||FREE|
|Human Relations Issues For Your Small Business||WILM||2/6||6-9 PM||L-107||FREE|
|Insurance Issues For Your Small Business||WILM||2/13||6-8 PM||L-107||FREE|
|Creative Marketing In Today’s Environment-||WILM||2/19||6-9 PM||L-107||FREE|
|MS Office 2010 for Your Small Business – WORD||BIG CENTER||3/4||3-5:30 PM||T-100||FREE|
|Intro to Social Media – Facebook & Linked In Basics||WILM||3/4||6-8:30 PM||L-107||FREE|
|Understanding the 4 Personality Styles To Increase Sales & Working Relationships||WILM||3/10||6-8 PM||L-107||FREE|
|MS Office 2010 for Your Small Business – EXCEL||BIG CENTER||3/11||3-5:30 PM||T-100||FREE|
|Patents, Trademarks & Copyrights – The Basics||WILM||3/11||6-8 PM||L-107||FREE|
|Create The Magic in Your Hospitality/Tourism Business||North Campus||3/12||2-5 PM||NA-112||FREE|
|How To Start A Non Profit Organization||WILM||3/13||6-9 PM||L-107||FREE|
|How To Finance Your Small Business||WILM||3/17||1-3 PM||L-107||FREE|
|MS Office 2010 for Your Small Business – POWER POINT||BIG CENTER||3/18||3-5:30 PM||T-100||FREE|
|MS Office 2010 for Your Small Business – PUBLISHER||BIG CENTER||3/25||3-5:30 PM||T-100||FREE|
|Fund Raising For Non Profits||WILM||3/27||6-9 PM||L-107||FREE|
|MS Office for Your Small Business – USING THEM TOGETHER||BIG CENTER||4/1||3:5:30 PM||T-100||FREE|
|Introduction To Quick Books Pro||WILM||4/1||6-8:30 PM||L-107||FREE|
|Writing Business Plans W/Business Plan Pro||BIG CENTER||4/4||8:30 AM – 4:30 PM||T 100||FREE|
|How To Create Marketing & Advertising That Sells||WILM||4/7||6-8 PM||L-107||FREE|
|Setting Up Your First (or 2nd) Business Blog Using WordPress- WORKSHOP LIMIT 20||BIG CENTER||4/8||6-8:30 PM||T-100||FREE|
|Create Your Business Marketing Plan (NEW)||WILM||4/10||6-9 PM||L-107||FREE|
|The Perfect Day For A Business Owner||WILM||4/22||6-9 PM||L-107||FREE|
|How to Start a Small Business||WILM||4/24||6-9 PM||L-107||FREE|
|Basic Bookkeeping For Your Small Business||NORTH CAMPUS||4/29||6-9 PM||NA – 112||FREE|
|How To Do Business With The Government||WILM||5/1||6-8 PM||L-107||FREE|
|Team Building – Get The Right People On The Bus||WILM||5/5||6-8 PM||L-107||FREE|
|Grant Writing for Non-Profits||WILM||5/7||9 AM-Noon||L-107||FREE|
HOW DO I REGISTER ON LINE? Please read the instructions before clicking the blue ‘New Seminar Registration’ link below.
New Seminar Registration - Effective for all seminars
1. Go to the Small Business Center Web Site, www.cfcc.edu/sbc, to review the seminar listings.
2. Go to Seminar Registration section.
3. Click on blue ‘New Seminar Registration’ link above. It will take you to our Web Advisor system.
4. If this is your first on-line registration, and/or you do not have Web Advisor log in credentials, click on ‘Register and Pay For Continuing Education Classes’.
4a. If you have previously registered and now have your Web Advisor user name and password, then log in to Web Advisor first, then click on ‘Register and Pay For Continuing Education Classes’
5. Type in SBC in the key word box and hit enter or submit. A list of SBC seminars will appear.
6. Check each of the seminars you wish to attend and hit submit. You can select more than one. ’The ‘Personal Identification Form’ will appear.
7. Fill out the ‘Personal Identification Form’, including all * items, check the certification box at the bottom, hit submit. Note: You will need to do this for your first registration only, as you will use your Web Advisor log in credentials for future registrations and this section will be by-passed.
8. Fill in ‘Additional Registration Info’, hit submit. The ‘Pay For Classes’ page will appear.
9. Since these seminars are FREE, on the ‘Pay For Classes’ page, you will see total amount due is $0. In the drop down box, choose Register Now, then Submit.
10. Your ‘Class Acknowledgement’ will appear. It will contain your unique CFCC ID number and your unique User name. This class acknowledgment will also be emailed to you.
11. Please record and save for future registrations, your new CFCC ID number and new Username which are found in the class acknowledgment.
12. Once you have your User name and CFCC ID number, you will be able to generate your own password for future use.
13. Remember your Web Advisor credentials so you can log in to Web Advisor first to make all future on-line registrations faster and easier.
***A parking pass will be emailed to you one day prior to the seminar(s) you have registered for.***
ACCESS TO CAPITAL PROGRAMS
- CAN-Capital Access Network
Get help preparing your loan package from experienced individuals. More info is available atwww.canislending.com
- NC CAP-North Carolina Capital Access Program. Increase your chances of loan approval if you are close to qualifying but not quite there yet. Managed by the NC Rural Center.
More info is available at
FREE, CONFIDENTIAL BUSINESS COUNSELING
The SBC also offers free, confidential one on one counseling to those interested in learning more about starting their own businesses. To request an appointment, call 910-362-7469 or click on the link: Request Free Counseling