- Seminars/classes to prospective and existing small business owners.
- Free, confidential one-on-one business and technology counseling.
- Access to our extensive Business Resource Library of training videos, business planning and web-editing software, business books and pamphlets.
The SBC newsletter.
It offers a small business topic, a feature on Continuing Education, upcoming seminar information, and when appropriate, features on individuals we have met who have recently started their own small businesses.
If you would like to receive the newsletter, call 362-7216 or write to email@example.com.
Business Link North Carolina
Connect to all North Carolina Business Resources Providers, Government Agencies and other business related organizations at one comprehensive business support location:
Government and Military Business Contracts
Want to be considered for Government and Military Business Contracts but don’t know how to proceed? Call me and I’ll be happy to meet with you and guide you through the process.
You can’t be considered if you’re not in the system!
Call Doug at 910-362-7469
SEMINARS AND COURSES FOR YOUR SMALL BUSINESS – SUMMER 2013
- Writing Business Plans with Business Plan Pro’ seminar date has changed from 4/5 to 4/9
- Inventions, Patents, Trademarks & Copyrights – The Basics seminar date has changed from 3/26 to 4/2
|Grant Writing for Non Profits||WILM||5/1||9 AM – 12 PM||L 107||FREE|
|Monthly Coaching Clinic: How To Create Marketing & Advertising That Sells||WILM||5/7||6-8 PM||L 107||FREE|
|The Experience of A Lifetime||North Campus||5/13||2-5 PM||NA 112||FREE|
|Alternative Access To Capital||North Campus||5/22||1-4 PM||NA 112||FREE|
|SUMMER SEMINARS BELOW – FOLLOW NEW ON LINE REGISTRATION PROCEDURES|
|How To Do Business With the Federal Government||WILM||6/11||6-8 PM||L-107||FREE|
|Small Business Publishing & Printing 101||WILM||6/13||1-4 PM||L-107||FREE|
|Small Business Communications – Objectives, Message & Results||WILM||6/25||6-8 PM||L-107||FREE|
|Top Traits of Highly Effective Women||WILM||7/11||2-5 PM||L-107||FREE|
|Small Business Publishing & Promoting 102||WILM||7/18||1-4 PM||L-107||FREE|
|How To Be a Profitable Artist||WILM||8/7||2-5 PM||L-107||FREE|
HOW DO I REGISTER ON LINE?
New Seminar Registration - Effective for all seminars starting 5/22/13…
1. Go to the Small Business Center Web Site, www.cfcc.edu/sbc, to review the seminar listings.
2. Go to Seminar Registration section.
3. Click on blue ‘New Seminar Registration’ link above. It will take you to our Web Advisor system.
4. If this is your first on-line registration, and/or you do not have Web Advisor log in credentials, click on ‘Register and Pay For Continuing Education Classes’.
4a. If you have previously registered and now have your Web Advisor user name and password, then log in to Web Advisor first, then click on ‘Register and Pay For Continuing Education Classes’
5. Type in SBC in the key word box and hit enter or submit. A list of SBC seminars will appear.
6. Check each of the seminars you wish to attend and hit submit. You can select more than one. ’The ‘Personal Identification Form’ will appear.
7. Fill out the ‘Personal Identification Form’, including all * items, check the certification box at the bottom, hit submit. Note: You will need to do this for your first registration only, as you will use your Web Advisor log in credentials for future registrations and this section will be by-passed.
8. Fill in ‘Additional Registration Info’, hit submit. The ‘Pay For Classes’ page will appear.
9. Since these seminars are FREE, on the ‘Pay For Classes’ page, you will see total amount due is $0. In the drop down box, choose Register Now, then Submit.
10. Your ‘Class Acknowledgement’ will appear. It will contain your unique CFCC User ID number and your unique Username. This class acknowledgment will also be emailed to you.
11. Please record and save for future registrations, your new CFCC ID number and new Username which are found in the class acknowledgment.
12. You will also receive a second email which will provide a Web Advisor temporary password to you. We recommend you follow the instructions to reset this password to one you are familiar with.
13. Remember your Web Advisor credentials so you can log in to Web Advisor first to make all future on-line registrations faster and easier.
***A parking pass will be emailed to you one day prior to the seminar(s) you have registered for.***
ACCESS TO CAPITAL PROGRAMS
- CAN-Capital Access Network
Get help preparing your loan package from experienced individuals. More info is available atwww.canislending.com
- NC CAP-North Carolina Capital Access Program. Increase your chances of loan approval if you are close to qualifying but not quite there yet. Managed by the NC Rural Center.
More info is available at
FREE, CONFIDENTIAL BUSINESS COUNSELING
The SBC also offers free, confidential one on one counseling to those interested in learning more about starting their own businesses. To request an appointment, call 910-362-7469 or click on the link: Request Free Counseling